Tell free in the U.S. 866-416-0747 / 770-447-0360

Embassy Legalization

US-issued document legalization through a foreign Embassy/Consulate for use in that foreign country.

Does your US-issued document need to be legalized through a foreign Embassy/Consulate? Are you heading to a country that requires US-issued documents to be authenticated with the Embassy/Consulate legalization process?   

In this case, Georgia Apostille is at your service!  Georgia Apostille can legalize US-issued documents with any foreign Embassy/Consulate located in the United States.  Georgia Apostille, based in Atlanta, provides Embassy/Consulate legalization services for US-issued documents required for use in foreign countries.

Below is the list of documents, most often required for Embassy legalization:

• Vital records (Birth, Death, Marriage, or Divorce Certificates)
• Criminal background checks
• Transcripts, diplomas, and other academic documents
• Powers of Attorney, wills, or trusts 
• Corporate Documents
• Affidavits
• Copies of Driver’s License or Passport, etc.

Answer these easy questions to begin your document legalization process: 

1. Tell us about your document: 
   - Do you have an original document or a certified copy?
   - If yes, proceed to Question 2.
   - If not, you will first need to obtain an original or a certified copy to begin the legalization process.

2. Where was your document issued?
   - Was your document issued by the United States government?
   - If yes, proceed to Question 3.
   - If not, proceed with the instructions below:
     - Was your personal or corporate document signed and notarized by a notary public in your state?
        - If yes, proceed to question 3. 
        - If not, you will first need to have your document signed and notarized by a licensed notary public and obtain an apostille or state certification. For the US Apostille instructions click here
-    Was your document issued by one of the US states or the District of Columbia and bears an official stamp of that state?
-    If yes, proceed to the U.S. Apostille page.

3. What is the country of destination for your document?
Is your document going to one of the countries on  this list?
   - If yes, your document requires an apostille. Please proceed to Step 4 to apply for an apostille.
   - If your document is going to the country NOT listed above, you will need to obtain a U.S. State Certification and Embassy/Consulate legalization for your document. Proceed to Question 4 for further instructions.
   - If you are not sure, proceed to question 6.

4. Document Review:
Our service includes complimentary document review which saves you time and money and eliminates shipping back and forth of the originals if they are not ready for authentication yet.  All you have to do is to fill out a short order form online and upload copies of documents you need to authenticate. We review your order and will let you know if your documents meet certification requirements. If your documents are ready for authentication, we provide you with cost and processing time estimates. Our rates and processing options can also be found on our Rates page. If your documents don’t meet authentication requirements, we will advise you on the steps you need to take to prepare your document for certification. 

5. Prepare the Apostille/Legalization Request Form:
- Download an Apostille/Legalization Order and print it.
- Complete the Apostille/Legalization request form. For mailing instructions and payment please refer to our website.
- Make sure you specify what type of certification/legalization your document requires from the Embassy/Consulate.  Check with the foreign authority requesting legalization on your document what type of authentication your documents need.
- Once we receive your documents, we will send you receipt confirmation by email. 

6. Questions? 
Feel free to contact us during business hours 9 AM - 5 PM U.S. Eastern Standard Time, Monday through Friday:
• by phone: 770-447-0360
• by fax: 770-447-0790
• or message via our website or Contact Us page.

Toll free in the U.S. 866-416-0747 / 770-447-0360